Support GPR Camp!!

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro

Create a thread about your bike.
Berkeley

Re: RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro

Post by Berkeley » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:09 am

Awesome...I think Bob Marley came back from the dead!
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am

Thanks 😀 I had some issues, thats why I needed to remove the silencer. She has a bit of a bad sound but it sounds promising. At the end of January the story will be continued, I hope :)
1 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Here are some bad news. After a few minutes of running I decided to pull of the cylinder head. Always good to know whats under it. Now Im questioning why did I have to pull it down. Gosh I just didnt expect to see this.

Dont really know what did cause this. It ran like 5 mins max. Very disappointed. I have a quess which is that you can see scratch marks at the boost port. Both on the cylinder and the top of the piston. Thats where the ring closes. Thats where the piston has a notch for the ring.
Maybe Im just too worried but maybe I see some deformation on the ports. Like the nicasil would have broken down a bit. I hope not. Maybe I would need to pull the entire cylinder down.
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RMP SM Project: Concern

Post by toratora » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am

Yeah that does look like a reason to be concerned. Did you use any assembly lube when you put it together?

Four-Corner Seizure
This piston has vertical seizure marks at four equally spaced points around the circumference. A four-corner seizure is caused when the piston expands faster than the cylinder and the clearance between the piston and cylinder is reduced.

Another common problem of this type is a single point seizure on the center of the exhaust side of the piston. However this occurs only on cylinders with bridged exhaust ports. The main causes for this problem are too quick warm-up, too lean carb jetting (main jet), or too hot of a spark plug range.
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:38 am

Yep used a lot in it. Piston clearance shouldnt be an issue. I measured it out with a bore meter you know. The most interesting thing is that you can see scratch marks on the top of the piston and on the cylinder at the boost port. Where the ring has its end that little notch you know.

Heating up was pretty sure not the issue. Ran like 5 mins max. The water didnt even warmed up just a littlebit. Im kinda worried about it.

Im in school, so I will have a look at it in the weekend. I hope that there is not any big issues.
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RMP SM Project: Piston

Post by toratora » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:39 am

Did they send you the wrong sized piston or something? The marks are classic of a four corner seize.
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:31 am

No the size is okay. Its propably not a cornered piston. You can see that the cratches go along at everywhere. Between the transfer ports, the exhaust, the boost port. It looks like it would be too big. But this isnt the case. I measured the clearance perfectly
0 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: More Fun

Post by kaldis12 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:53 am

Today I managed to light up the engine. Just like how I say. The engine literally got on fire... The outcoming fuel mixture got blown back to the air filter and the exhaust lighted it up. Altough there are no bigger damage, I will need to change the airfilter as its melted now.

My new ignition arrived a few days ago. Its an Ignitech DC CDI P1 Race V2, you can find some info about here
It has a lot of functions, quick shifter, shift light, 2 advance maps. A lot of more fun too. It will be okay while I design mine.

I will be interesed to see how does it compare to my Italkit Selettra. Dont know when, but we will take the bike to a dyno. Will compare the 2 ignitions there.

Ignitech had to be modified to fit on the AM6 engine. Has a bigger weight too. We will see, which one I will like, that one will be left on the bike.

About the scratches. Pulled down the cylinder. They are not bad, after some running I will rehone it. Will help with the oiling thats for sure. Spoke with a dude about this. He has the same clylinder, he said that there is nothing to worry about. Those scratches definetly from the coating on the piston. I noticed that on the piston. Those are really not deep, you can just see it when you shine a light on it. So that will be okay.
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RMP SM Project: Ignitech

Post by toratora » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm

The Ignitech is just the CDI box, yes? Where did you source the stator and flywheel, and does that setup feature an accessories circuit?
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Everything is from ignitech. Altough they look cool I cannot recommend buying them. Flywheel is too heavy(waay too heavy), you need to modify it to fit on to a derbi or am6 engine.

Yes it does have an accessories circuit. There is a wiring diagram on the site that I linked above. Altough that is kinda correct I see more options on mine. Will post the wiring diagram that I got. I havent had a look at it yet.
0 x