toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Track Day Sonoma—Monday February 5th 2018

Post by toratora » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Image Track Day

This Monday February 5th we’ll be taking it to the kart track at Sonoma Kart Track. Join us for some full throttle action on the track. Expect it to be warm so bring shade, beverages, snacks/lunch, and other supplies.

Prep the track bikes, get the chains lubed up, the tires checked, and get that riding gear ready. Smaller (50~85cc) two stroke replicas like the Derbi GPR, and the Aprilia RS50 are very much encouraged. Fast mopeds, pocket bikes, Groms and such are okay!

Meet up Monday February 5th
The track is open from 10am to 5pm. Open track, ride $25-40.

Sonoma Kart Track Location.

https://www.gprcamp.com/mydata/?p=692
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Track Day Sonoma—Monday February 5th 2018: Report

Post by toratora » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Another great day at the track. The weather has been making these winter tracks days a treat. From around 1pm to 4:30pm the track was totally enjoyable. Amazing grip for a winter month.

Today our crew consisted of MT Mike, GX, and I. There were a few other minis, some motards, and some karts out there today. For the most part the track was quite open with lots of room for everyone.

The bikes did well. We are getting the jetting figured out on the Derbis. There was a bit of a mishap on MT MIke's GPR which required a little track side attention. Thankfully he had brought along a bunch of tools, and I was able to get the bike back on the track before the next session.

► Show Spoiler
1 x

jkv357
Replica: '99 GPR EBE-075

Re: Track Day Sonoma—Monday February 5th 2018

Post by jkv357 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:56 am

You guys have too much fun! I haven't been on a kart track with a cycle yet, but have some time on a really big track (Road America) and a few medium-sized ones. Raced on plenty of kart tracks, but always on a kart. It looks like more fun on a small cycle.

I was busy on Monday tuning my small 2-stoke project. Did an engine swap using my good engine with a bad frame into a good frame with a bad engine. Just a few challenges, but fired right up.

Had to do a little carb tuning to get it to pull cleanly under load. I tuned it as tora tora had suggested - which is where it will 4-stroke until under full load. Running great and really put out the power for a little engine.,
► Show Spoiler
0 x