Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Ducati loses one of its main sponsors

Post by toratora » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:39 am

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/ducati ... -sponsors/
Motorcycle Sports wrote:11 January, 2018

A few days after the presentation of the bike for 2018, the Ducati saw one of its main sponsors abandoning the team. It is TIM, an italian telecommunications company, which decided not to renew the contract with the formation of Borgo Panigale.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Squad for 2019 Begins to Take Shape Along with Many Uncertainties

Post by toratora » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:39 am

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/motogp ... rtainties/
Motorcycle Sports wrote: 27 February, 2018

With less than a month to go before the 2018 season starts, the next year’s MotoGP World Championship squad is beginning to get to be know, between renovations and announced arrivals. This monday was the time for Marc Márquez to close is continuation in Honda until the end of 2020, weeks after Maverick Viñales did with Yamaha.

Also in recent days is was confirmed the promotion of Francesco Bagnaia to the premier in 2019, to Pramac Racing and contractually linked to Ducati. At this point in the top three teams there are only four seats officially available—one at Honda, one at Yamaha and two at Ducati.

In the case of Honda, Dani Pedrosa hasn’t yet renewed beyond 2018 and his stay, although expected, isn’t totally certain, having already been pointed out by some rumors to KTM. The situation at Yamaha is similar, where the continuity of Valentino Rossi is almost given but hasn’t yet been set. As for the Ducati, the formation wants to keep Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo, but has already stated not to be in a hurry.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Rossi—I’ll Probably Race for the Next Two Years

Post by toratora » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/03/0 ... ars/250792
MotoGP wrote:March 1st, 2018

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider hints at what’s to come in 2019 and 2020

Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) confirmed at the #QatarTest that he is likely to remain racing in 2019 and 2020, with the subject coming up when discussing the possibility of a future satellite VR46-run premier class team.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Aprilia debut 2018 machine

Post by toratora » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Image https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/mo ... 8-machine/
Simon Patterson wrote:08 March 2018

The Aprilia squad of Scott Redding and Aleix Espargaró have rolled out their 2018 machines at the team’s headquarters in Noale, showing off a bike that might be visually quite similar but is radically different under the skin.

And, after successful pre-season tests in Malaysia, Thailand and Qatar ahead of next weekend’s first round, team boss Romano Albesiano says the squad are now ready to race.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

tbh37620

Re: MotoGP: Aprilia debut 2018 machine

Post by tbh37620 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:36 pm

toratora wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Simon Patterson wrote:08 March 2018

The Aprilia squad of Scott Redding and Aleix Espargaró have rolled out their 2018 machines at the team’s headquarters in Noale, showing off a bike that might be visually quite similar but is radically different under the skin.

And, after successful pre-season tests in Malaysia, Thailand and Qatar ahead of next weekend’s first round, team boss Romano Albesiano says the squad are now ready to race.
► Show Spoiler
Im really hoping these guys can do better this year. Id love to see an Aprilia podium but doubt it will happen
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: HRC Wants Zarco

Post by toratora » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Image http://www.moto-journal.fr/news/motogp- ... eut-zarco/

Translation via Google
Rémi Darodes wrote:20/03/2018

The news is official, the Honda Repsol factory team is eyeing Johann Zarco.

The officialization of this news emanates from our German confreres of the website Speedweek.com. Always well informed, they asked Laurent Fellon the coach of Johann Zarco about his near future, mentioning the hypothesis of the HRC. To which the latter responded by shrugging his shoulders, placing his index finger on his mouth and smiling widely.

"I want the teammate that the team thinks to be the strongest. I think it's good to have in the stand a very, very competitive driver of a high level. It's better then to improve the bike and the atmosphere. Dani is very fast and will be this season, but Johann is impressive, so I do not know" Marc Marquez

Marc Marquez has therefore already assessed this eventuality, to which he seems favorable. In the story, it is probably his mom who is the most worried, because we remember the time she warned the French champion.
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Italian MotoGP: Iannone to leave Suzuki

Post by toratora » Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 pm

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89717 ... ave-suzuki
Peter McLaren wrote:31 May 2018

Andrea Iannone has confirmed he will leave the factory Suzuki MotoGP team at the end of this season.

The Italian made the announcement, expected given the growing rumours that Joan Mir is to join the team, on the eve of his home Grand Prix at Mugello.

"I will not remain for sure in Suzuki," Iannone said. "I switch to another bike, factory. But at the moment I do not want to talk about my future because it's a little bit early.

"Two years ago at this race I announced my partnership with Suzuki, but this year it's a little bit different.

"Suzuki talk with me about my future only after the Barcelona test... in any case, now it's sure I will not remain with Suzuki."
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Joan Mir: 'Nothing signed for MotoGP'

Post by toratora » Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 pm

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89717 ... ned-suzuki
Peter McLaren wrote: 31 May 2018

Joan Mir's manager insists reports that a MotoGP deal has been signed with Suzuki are false - factory Honda and Ducati options remain in play.

Friday Morning Update - Suzuki's Davide Brivio to Dorna's Simon Crafar: "It's no secret we are working to finalise the deal with Mir".

Joan Mir and manager Paco Sanchez insist that reports the young Spanish rider has signed for Suzuki in MotoGP next season are premature.

Despite Andrea Iannone today confirming he will leave Suzuki, Sanchez insists rival factory offers remain on the table from Honda and Ducati.

A final decision on Mir's future is expected before the next round at Catalunya.

"I know my manager is talking a lot with factory teams, but I don’t have anything signed and hope to close this as soon as possible," Mir said.

"I think, I hope, we can finalise during this weekend. Maximum, before the Catalunya GP," Sanchez added.

"My objective was to have everything done before Mugello but finally it's not easy to close these kinds of contracts.

"Some Spanish journalists announced this week that it is done. Some said it is signed. This is completely false. Absolutely it is not signed. A contract at 1% or 99% [until signed] is the same, zero. It does not exist.

"So we need to wait until we have the signature and after that we will announce."
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Italian MotoGP: Bradley Smith pondering retirement

Post by toratora » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89743 ... retirement
Peter McLaren wrote: 2 Jun 2018

'Unless it is on a MotoGP bike, my heart is telling me right now I’m not really into anything else' - Bradley Smith.

Bradley Smith could call time on his racing career at the end of this season.

The Englishman will leave the factory KTM team after November's Valencia finale and, if an alternative MotoGP seat does not become available, is prepared to 'close the chapter and step away.'

"At the end of the day I want to be here, inside MotoGP," Smith said at Mugello on Saturday afternoon.

"I have had a fortunate career where I have been able to ride the best motorcycles in the world against the best riders.

"If one of those bikes inside this championship is not available then I am happy to close the chapter on this racing and step away."

Smith, who made his grand prix debut back in 2006, added he would probably "still be involved here, but no longer in racing".
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Lorenzo and Honda agree two-year deal

Post by toratora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 am

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... a-1044691/
Oriol Puigdemont wrote:June 5th, 2018

Ducati rider Jorge Lorenzo has reached an agreement to join fellow MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez at Honda next year, Motorsport.com can reveal.

The Japanese manufacturer is poised to announce a two-year-deal with Lorenzo soon, having only just confirmed earlier on Tuesday that it would not be retaining long-time rider Dani Pedrosa.

The agreement, worth a reported €4 million per year, is believed to have been reached in principle several days ago, even prior to Lorenzo's first Ducati win at Mugello.

The Spaniard, who has won three MotoGP titles at Yamaha but has largely struggled in his time at Ducati, dominated the Italian Grand Prix last Sunday – but admitted the win had come “too late” to prevent the partnership from dissolving at the end of 2018.
► Show Spoiler
0 x