Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Triple MotoGP champion Lorenzo agrees two-year Honda MotoGP deal

Post by toratora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:17 am

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/1 ... with-honda
Oriol Puigdemont wrote: June 5th 2018

Ducati rider Jorge Lorenzo has reached an agreement to join fellow MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez at Honda next year, Autosport can reveal.

The Japanese manufacturer is poised to announce a two-year-deal with Lorenzo shortly, having confirmed earlier on Tuesday that it would not be retaining long-time rider Dani Pedrosa.

The agreement, worth a reported €4million per year, is believed to have been reached in principle several days ago—prior to Lorenzo's first win for Ducati at Mugello.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Iannone replaces Redding in Aprilia’s factory MotoGP team

Post by toratora » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:39 pm

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news- ... otogp-team
Staff wrote:08.06.2018

Hot on the heels of the announcement from Suzuki that Andrea Iannone would be leaving them at the end of the 2018 MotoGP season, Aprilia have confirmed the Italian will replace Scott Redding for 2019-2020.

It will be Iannone’s third works team in a row and he joins Aleix Espargaro in the squad. What happens to Redding now is anyone’s guess, but it looks like his time in the premier class is now at an end.

“With Iannone, we have another highly talented and fast rider who is also demonstrating his value this season. His arrival is a sign of the Piaggio Group and Aprilia’s growing commitment to the MotoGP programme, where our bike has already demonstrated that it can rely on a valid technical base” said team managed Romano Albesiano.

“Now we need to stay focused on the 2018 season, beginning from the next GP of Barcelona. We have a strong team that has never stopped working hard. We want to keep growing and take the RS-GP where it deserves to be this season, which is still long, with Aleix and Scott, speaking of whom, I wish to thank publicly for his great professionalism and for his consistently high level of commitment.”
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Pedrosa to announce future at Sachsenring

Post by toratora » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:39 pm

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90043 ... achsenring
Peter McLaren wrote: 3 Jul 2018

Dani Pedrosa makes a decision on his MotoGP future, will reveal all at next weekend's German MotoGP.

Dani Pedrosa has finally taken a decision regarding his MotoGP future. However, it won’t be revealed until next weekend's German MotoGP at the Sachsenring. In a short statement emailed to the media this evening, Pedrosa said:

Dear all,

Finally I have taken my decision concerning my future. I want to inform everyone personally and at the same time. For this reason, in Sachsenring I will give a press conference for this matter. I please ask everyone to respect my decision to wait until then to make my announcement.

Thanks very much in advance

Dani Pedrosa
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Aspar confirms SIC, Yamaha MotoGP deal

Post by toratora » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 am

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90044 ... otogp-deal
Haydn Cobb wrote: 5 Jul 2018

The Angel Nieto Team, owned by former racer Jorge Martinez 'Aspar', has reached an agreement with the Sepang International Circuit to form a new MotoGP team, which is expected to receive backing from Petronas, and has taken up the satellite Yamaha team.

The long-rumoured deal will see SIC take over the grid places of the Spanish team, which joined MotoGP on satellite Ducati machinery in 2010.

The team then rotated through Aprilia and Honda bikes before returning to Ducati from the start of 2016. Alvaro Bautista and Karel Abraham currently form the team's line-up, with SIC currently competes in both the Moto2 and Moto3 classes. Martinez has been retained as a Sporting Advisor to the team from 2019.

Yamaha has confirmed a signing of memorandum of understanding with SIC which will see the team run the Japanese manufacturer’s bike in a planned three-year deal.

Riders for the new team are still to be announced, but Dani Pedrosa and Franco Morbidelli are rumoured to be the favoured line-up.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa Announces Retirement

Post by toratora » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 am

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90093 ... nt-updated
Peter McLaren wrote: 12 Jul 2018

Dani Pedrosa has officially confirmed that he will retire from MotoGP at the end of the season.

The 32-year-old is to be replaced at Repsol Honda by Jorge Lorenzo next year and, rather than join a satellite team - Pedrosa had been linked with the new SIC Petronas Yamaha project - the Spaniard has decided to end his career at Valencia in November.

Having delayed a decision on his future in Catalunya and Assen, Pedrosa announced his plans on the eve of this weekend's German round:

"Next year I will not compete in the championship. I will finish my career in MotoGP this season.

"This is a decision I've been thinking about for a long time and it's a very hard decision because this is the sport I love.

"But despite having good opportunities to keep racing, I feel like I don’t live racing with such an intensity as before and I now have different priorities in my life.

"I would like to express how fortunate I feel to have had this opportunity.

"It's been an amazing life to be racing for such an important team and in front of all the fans.

"So I can say I achieved way more than I expected and I'm very proud of everything I've done in the sport.

"I fulfilled my dream of becoming a racer and that is something I didn't expect as a kid watching on TV.

"Thanks to everybody who has helped me and now it's time to start a new chapter."
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Bautista to join Ducati in WSBK after MotoGP exit

Post by toratora » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:39 am

https://www.motorsport.com/us/wsbk/news ... 0/?nrt=194
Valentin Khorounzhiy wrote: Aug 23, 2018

Alvaro Bautista has confirmed he will leave MotoGP after nine seasons, switching to World Superbike with the factory Ducati team for 2019.

Bautista, 33, has made 150 MotoGP starts since stepping up to the premier class with the factory Suzuki team in 2010.

He recorded three podiums and a pole position after joining Gresini Honda from Suzuki and remained with the outfit when it became Aprilia's works team, before losing his ride and signing with Nieto (then Aspar) last year.

With Yamaha's new satellite team SIC Racing taking over Nieto Ducati's MotoGP entries next year, Bautista hopes of remaining in the premier class hinged on joining Franco Morbidelli at the Malaysian outfit.

However, despite Bautista's form picking up as of late after a difficult start to 2018, SIC Racing has preferred to promote Fabio Quartararo from Moto2.

Bautista's MotoGP exit was made official on Thursday, with confirmation that the Spaniard will ride Ducati's all-new Panigale V4 for its works World Superbike operation next year.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Reale Avintia Racing sign Abraham for 2019 and 2020

Post by toratora » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/09/0 ... 020/270143
MotoGP wrote:Czech rider will be on a GP18 next season as the team also confirm they'll be racing with Ducati machinery for two more years

Reale Avintia Racing have announced a two-year agreement with Karel Abraham that will see the Czech rider race with the team in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020. Next season he'll be riding a GP18 Ducati and the team have also confirmed they'll remain with the Borgo Panigale factory for those two years.
► Show Spoiler
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Bradley Smith: Aprilia MotoGP race debut in Qatar, MotoE a maybe

Post by toratora » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 pm

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90489 ... otoe-maybe
Peter McLaren wrote:7 Sep 2018

'The only thing confirmed at the moment is that I'll be at the Qatar test and Qatar race' - Bradley Smith, San Marino MotoGP. Bradley Smith may have lost his full-time MotoGP ride, but he will be lining up on the grid at the 2019 Qatar season-opener.

The Englishman's new testing role with Aprilia includes 'a series' of wild-cards, a vital opportunity for the current KTM rider who is intent on regaining a MotoGP seat in 2020.

So far, only Qatar is confirmed, but the rules allow up to six wild-cards for a concession manufacturer such as Aprilia.

"The only thing confirmed at the moment is that I'll be at the Qatar test and Qatar race," Smith said. "So I will be at round one. That's obviously exciting for me. I think it's always nice to be at round one."
► Show Spoiler
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

MotoGP: Pedrosa to join KTM in test role

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:39 am

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... e/3174531/
Oriol Puigdemont wrote:September 10th, 2018

Honda MotoGP rider Dani Pedrosa will join KTM's test team in 2019, Motorsport.com has learned.

Pedrosa, who will be replaced by Jorge Lorenzo in the Repsol Honda line-up next year, announced his retirement from full-time competition in the championship in July.

The Spaniard spent his whole grand prix racing career with Honda, and the Japanese manufacturer said it was open to keeping him on the books in a test role.

However, he was also being courted by KTM, whose MotoGP team is headed by his former long-time crew chief Mike Leitner.

It is understood that the Austrian manufacturer's interest in him, coupled with the opportunity to continue collaboration with the team's title sponsor Red Bull, ultimately convinced Pedrosa to sign on, with several members of the KTM test team already informed of his impending arrival.

KTM's regular test rider Mika Kallio has been out injured—with Randy de Puniet replacing him for the rest of the year – and will now be expected to work alongside Pedrosa in a two-rider test team.

Unlike Ducati tester Michele Pirro or Bradley Smith, recently announced as the new addition to Aprilia's test team, Pedrosa is expected to forgo any wildcard appearances and focus on developing the RC16 in testing.
► Show Spoiler
0 x