Support GPR Camp!!

Vermont Registration

How to Register your bike if you only have a bill of sale

How to's for Replica Racers
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 am
Location: Miami, FL
x 4

Vermont Registration

Post by chadzilla1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Ok so you bought a Grey Market bike, scooter, or car, and it only came with a Bill of Sale. You go to your DMV, or Tag agency in your state and they tell you sorry the Bill of Sale can not get you a new registration, and title in your name. You look at them in anger, and sadness because you just bought something that you are not able to get registered.

Don't Despair!!!
Vermont VD-119 Registration Form
Vermont State will register and tag it for you no matter what state you live in and you don't have to be there.

1) When you are buying the Bike/Scooter/Car have a mobile Notary meet you there. You will need the Bill of Sale that is Notarized!

2) Download the VD-119 registration form, you only need the first form when you mail it to Vermont.

3) Get a photo of your VIN number .

4) Get a photo of the vehicle.

5) Go to the NADA Guide to retrieve the retail value of your vehicle. To calculate tax on the price of the vehicle, it’s 6% of your purchase price, or 6% of NADA “good” value. Whichever is higher. Let’s assume NADA value is higher than what you actually paid. On the VD-119 make sure you put at least $500—no less. My scooter was only worth on NADA $350, and Vermont sent the forms back to me 30 days later stating that I didn't pay enough toward taxes. :-( I was short by $9.00 (so angry). Now I'm re-submitting, and will have to wait another 30 days. Don't make this mistake. Minimum $500 is their requirement.

6) Send all that to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State St.
Montpelier VT 05603-0001

7) Sit and wait about 30 days.

8) Once you get the tag and registration most likely sent separately. Once you have all that go to your DMV/ Tag Agency and transfer your Vermont Registration to your state.
1 x

Post Reply