Vermont VD-119 Registration Form
1) When you are buying the Bike/Scooter/Car have a mobile Notary meet you there. You will need the Bill of Sale that is Notarized!
2) Download the VD-119 registration form, you only need the first form when you mail it to Vermont.
3) Get a photo of your VIN number .
4) Get a photo of the vehicle.
5) Go to the NADA Guide to retrieve the retail value of your vehicle. To calculate tax on the price of the vehicle, it’s 6% of your purchase price, or 6% of NADA “good” value. Whichever is higher. Let’s assume NADA value is higher than what you actually paid. On the VD-119 make sure you put at least $500—no less. My scooter was only worth on NADA $350, and Vermont sent the forms back to me 30 days later stating that I didn't pay enough toward taxes. I was short by $9.00 (so angry). Now I'm re-submitting, and will have to wait another 30 days. Don't make this mistake. Minimum $500 is their requirement.
6) Send all that to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State St.
Montpelier VT 05603-0001
7) Sit and wait about 30 days.
8) Once you get the tag and registration most likely sent separately. Once you have all that go to your DMV/ Tag Agency and transfer your Vermont Registration to your state.