Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Nieto: Adiós Ángel, A Legend in Your Own Time

Post by toratora » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 pm

http://www.derbi.com/en_EN/News/adios-a ... -own-time/
Derbi wrote:04 AUG 2017
Farewell to Ángel Nieto, 13-time world champion between the 50 and 125 categories (second only to Giacomo Agostini in the number of titles earned) and great protagonist in the racing world from the late 1960s.

Farewell to Ángel Nieto, 13-time world champion between the 50 and 125 categories (second only to Giacomo Agostini in the number of titles earned) and great protagonist in the racing world from the late 1960s.

Victim of a quad accident in late July, he was hospitalised in the Ibiza hospital in critical condition.

Born in Zamora in 1947, he was the youngest rider to win the 50cc class World Grand Prix Motorcycle Championship, linking his name to Derbi for the 5 world championship titles won, between the 50 and 125 categories, in the period from 1969 through 1972.

A great hero in Spanish motorcycle racing, he retired in 1986, but he never left the racing world, following the careers of his sons Ángel Jr and Pablo on the track, as well as his nephew, Fonsi Nieto.

From Derbi, and on behalf of the entire Piaggio Group, we extend a warm embrace to his family.
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Angel Nieto: This Christmas the book of Ángel Nieto.

Post by toratora » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:57 pm

http://2tracing.com/un-movil-una-tablet-no-me-jodas/
Nandy Sánchez wrote:December 10, 2017

I assure you from the beginning that YOU ARE GOING TO TRIUMPH!, in any of the wide senses that the word has. Last weekend I went with my partner to Madrid. The typical "obligatory" weekend, before the beginning of the consumerist madness of Christmas and how happy it makes us, hehe.

In the metro, towards Plaza España, I receive a whatsapp from the group "2T Racing group," where we are the editors and administrators. I read directly "Nandy, have you seen the book by Ángel Nieto, by Juan Pedro De la Torre?" The message is written by Álvaro Sirvent, he attaches a picture to me and begins to dedicate nice compliments.

The endless number of people in a great way begins to overwhelm me. On a couple of occasions I have to draw my scarf and suddenly ... THE BOOK HOUSE! "Fuck, what a coincidence. I'm going to go in to see if I'm lucky enough to see Angel's book." I go up to the third floor, dedicated to sports. I'm looking for a section of Motor-Motorcycling and there it was. My imagination drew a small A5 format book and rigid cover. I was confused, the size was A4 (double of big) and flexible cover, very comfortable and with that image on the cover that ... What a shock! I get to work looking at it, to know if that book would be on the bedside table in my room.

What images! What stories! What MOTORCYCLES! (his motorcycles to double page with data and details). Seldom have I seen a book with this quality. On the back cover I see "€ 14.90." There is no more to think, I'll take it!

Boys and girls, parents and grandparents, I recommend this book of heart, you will not disappoint. I already imagine Christmas nights by the fireplace with my father and my cousins, telling them stories of who Ángel Nieto was.
► Show Spoiler
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Nieto: Derbi Mulhacén 659 Ángel Nieto Edition

Post by toratora » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 am

1 x

toratora