Create a thread about your bike.
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: The MyChron3 Plus Installed

Post by toratora » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Here are some shots of the MyChron3 Plus installed. The dash unit connects to an accessories box. The sensors plug into the box. There are five possible sensors. In the photo on the bottom is a wire loop—this is the sensor for the tachometer. Above that are the two temp sensors, speed sensor, and beacon sensor connectors. I've currently only got the speed sensor, and temp two connected. The temp one sensor connection will show up when I get the EGT sensor, and I may switch the CHT sensor for an H2O sensor. The beacon I wont be using.

The wires at the top are the power mod wires. These connect to a small 12 to 7.5volt convertor that is directly connected to the battery. I need to change this to feed off the key switched power. The MyChron will kill the poor Shirai lithium battery. The lid I had to use was one of the crashed up ones. I have a nicer lid for the unit, but I have to mod it to work with the external power mod.

To attach the box we used two self tapping screws set in a pair of pilot hole drilled into the dash mount. The bottom was secured with a zip tie. The dash is secured with one nylock nut.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: EGT

Post by toratora » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

The sensor cabling for the EGT showed up today. Their hose clamp setup doesn't have an angled bung like the Koso/Stage 6. Seems like it would be more predisposed to leak. Because of that I think I'll have to braze this one on.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Monterey

Post by toratora » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm

July 3rd, 2017

Went out to Monterey on Sunday for some riding. Got in nearly 150 miles in the bike. It was running great—well until I broke the pipe! lolz I had to patch it up with sticks and zip ties.

I also stopped at the Tallbot Moto Museum. This is a must see for you folks. I got to hang out with Bob the curator at the museum. He came up to me because two stroke! We chatted for quite a bit about them. He use to sell Aprilias and Derbis and was familiar with the bikes. He also has a V4 Yammie stroker! I had just missed it—he had it there earlier in the morning. Oh well next time, right? He was working on a vintage MV which he rode around in the parking lot.

Basically this ended up being a scouting mission for a future ride. I learned a lot about the location, and found some great roads. I stopped at a gas station and a cat came up to me saying what a great day for riding. He asked me if I came out there often. I admitted this was my first time riding out there. He then spend a fair amount of time explaining to me where I could ride, the distances, rode types. It was awesome to gain this local knowledge from a fellow rider.

I had to use my phone as a navigator so it was zipped tide to the bike making it impossible to take my usual snaps—but I was able to capture some frames from the video. They don't look as good, and are ultra wide—which distorts, but you might be able to get the idea.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Roadside Repair Action

Post by toratora » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 pm

asechrest wrote:Lol, hilarious pipe repair.
You have to get creative when you are out on the road. This is why it's important to have a bunch of zip ties with you!
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: The Switch

Post by toratora » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Time to switch this bike over to the PPMR thread now that it's a street bike again. :P

Having had some trouble with the pipe on the Carmel ride I'm going to sub in the pipe that I got from Steve. It was nicely sand blasted, but that would instantly turn to rust out here. So I picked up some manifold paint today and gave it a spray. Came out okay. Hopefully it wont rust!

I bought this for the Red bike, which is still currently in parts accumulation mode. But since I want to ride this bike I'm going to fit this pipe until the other one is repaired, but that one might end up on the new track bike anyway. lolz It's very nice focusing on one base model of bike. Pretty much guarantees that you'll have something with which to work when the need arises. :)

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Night Wrench

Post by toratora » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Now that the Track bike is functional I had to get some wrenching in on the PMPR for this weekend's riding action.

I wanted to replace the chain. I had one that was just a little bit too short. I ended up taking a couple of links from the old chain. I'll probably replace them in the future. It was hard to do because the only light I had came from my phone! lolz

I also had to re-torque the engine mounting bolts. On the last ride the vibrations got really bad. I thought I might have broken an engine mounting tab. Thankfully it was just a loose bolt. ;)

Night Wrenching!

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Chain Chain Chain

Post by toratora » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Very slowly getting things done! lolz

Found the 15T front sprocket. This should make the top speed sections a little bit easier. ;)

Then did some cleaning, and lubed the chain. Still have to adjust the chain, tighten up the rear axel, and put the front plastics back on. Have to get up early tomorrow. lolz

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Eric Idle desu

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 pm

On the Alice ride today my idle was incredibly high. I did find the issue--can you see it?

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: All Choked Up

Post by toratora » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 pm

stevieboy22 wrote:Whats with the choke cable?
mattology wrote:looks like choke cable shit broke

So when the front engine mount bolt got loose the bike vibrated a lot! One of the things that came loose was the choke cable from the choke. Got that put back together today, but had to remove one of the side panels in order to get to it! lolz

Then I took the bike out for a ride to the Dirt Bag Challenge. Wasn't really impressed with this year's bikes, but it was a nice day for riding. Later went over to Rob D's place. We went for a fun buzz around the City, and got a slice of pizza. At the pizza shop we ran into Sergio one of the local Replica 250 racers, and got to chat two strokes. People just love these bikes.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Slash

Post by toratora » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Some piece of shit tried to slash the front tire on the PMPR! :confused:

stevieboy22 wrote:A piece of shit would be too dull to slash a tire, no?
asechrest wrote:Depends on what they had to eat! I'm here all night...

Anyway, some people are stupid. Sorry about your tire.

[EDIT] - I take solace in the fact they had a presumably sharp object and couldn't figure out how to puncture a tire. Darwin will soon run its course...
stevieboy22 wrote:Maybe those Sava's are TOO soft? Better switch over to Pirelli's. They're like rocks! Hahahahahaha.
Adam—yeah thankfully the idiot didn't know to slash the sidewalls. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stevie—tell you what, you bring your MT75 shod Aprilia to GPR Camp next year, and we'll compare the Savas to the Pirelli's, okay? ;)
stevieboy22 wrote:Thanks for the offer/challenge but that's a LOOONG way for me. The Blue Ridge Parkway/ tail of the dragon is a lot closer. The Pirellis on this one are five years old but in good condition. The only way I think the comparison would be true would be to ride the same roads, same bike, switching tires in between. I get the thing with Treatlands. I feel the same loyalty to the local dealer who has treated me right for the last forty years. I may have to try the Sava's at some point.
Treats will sell you the MT's (which rhymes with empties for a reason!) if you want.

GPR Camp is a celebration of these bikes. All things considered it's not that much distance. ;) Plenty of moped people from the mid-west, and east coast have come out here for the moped rallies. At the last moped rally here Kentucky John rode one of my GPRs. We had a fun ride.

stevieboy22 wrote:Sounds like a buddy of mine. His idea of a good time is a day of riding in Columbus, Indiana. Five hour drive each way leaves very little time or energy for riding. I get your devotion to Treatlands. That's why I would prefer to shop locally.Picked up some injector oil at my local dealers today. I had pre-mix oil from the Derbi but the Aprilia, even with the bigbore kit, still uses the pump. Turns out he is a Mitas dealer but he has one customer. I may be his second.
We are hoping that next year will bring in a good number of folks. The roads are fantastic. The camping is super fun. We camp in a really nice location, and it's just a whole lot of fun. Basically four days of riding and loving these bikes.

0 x