Create a thread about your bike.
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: The Mychron 5

Post by toratora » Tue May 30, 2017 1:39 pm

It showed up today! Yeah they are expensive. It looks pretty cool so far. The only issue is one of the buttons is scratched up. I wouldn't mind nearly as much if it didn't have such a high cost. The software seems pretty intelligent. I've certainly used devices with much worse interfaces. The packaging is nice enough, and the docs look pretty good so far. Will be figuring it out soon.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Monoposto

Post by toratora » Tue May 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I've wanted one of these for quite a while, but didn't know where to get them. I found out too late that I could have gotten one from EasyParts, but they've been discontinued for sometime now. They came in Red, Floro Red, Black, and Blue. Sure they are totally goofy, but hey why not? lolz

The black part is rubber, the rest is hard plastic. Yes I got two of them. Why did I get two? :p:

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Post by toratora » Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 pm

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Powder and Time

Post by toratora » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 pm

mihal; wrote:Awsome parts!! Give us report after you install Mychron. I am thinking about it for long time. :D
The MyChron 5 that I got had some issues so they are going to replace it. The used MyChron 3 Plus that I bought previously was installed on the bike previously known as the Track bike. It's really nice, and bodes well for the 5 when I install it on the Black bike.

And here are some more shots of the Powder Works.

asechrest;4277106 wrote:That powder coating looks great.
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Boxing Day

Post by toratora » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:39 am

Bike in a box

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: The Red Barron

Post by toratora » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:39 am

Wolfman$; wrote:Ooh Tora, I LOVE the red, nice choice !
:cheers:
Yeah the idea is to make it similar to the Red bike. The theme I'm going for these days is red wheels, red frame, dark swing arm (or aluminum), and white plastics. The Cobra is going to be similar too. I've got the rims powder coated in red, and will probably do the frame. The plastics I have for the Cobra are white too. Just need some time to work on the bike. lolz

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Scope it Out

Post by toratora » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 pm

I bought an endoscope some time ago, but it didn't work with any of the phones, or tablets that I have, and I found that annoying. Sure I could get out the HP lappy, but then I had to transfer files, and it was a pain in the ass. I recently saw that the new endoscopes that come with a wifi unit work with the iPhone! So I ordered one. It showed up today.

The iPhone app is on the Appstore. There's a QR-link for it with the directions. I included the App page from the Appstore to make it easy. If you have a USB adapter you could probably plug the camera directly into an iPhone and use the free app. Haven't tested it to find out though.

It works fairly well. The camera is still low res, but that fine. It comes with some nice attachments like a hook, a magnet, and a 90° mirror. The mirror will be great for looking into the transfers.

The wifi gadget is easy to use. You do have to disconnect your phone from other wifi sources, but you can switch it back quickly enough. The phone also remembers the 8 digit password so you only have to enter it the first time. Photos show up in the Photo app, and on your Mac just as if you had employed the built in camera—which is totally great!

While this is "Chinese" brand it shipped from SoCal, was here in about three days, and cost just a little over $25.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Telecommunication

Post by toratora » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 am

stevieboy22 wrote:Be careful with step tow where you trun the power on.
asechrest wrote:I didn't realize the endoscopes were that cheap. I'd love to have one for not just my new bike but for other inspection purposes. I'd to see the inside of the cylinder and top of the piston in my jet ski's triple.

I am an Amazon junkie. See any issues with this one? It's a semi-flex so partially rigid and keeps its shape.
Yeah Stevie the Chinese have do have a way with English. ;)

Asechrest, the Amazon one looks pretty nice. It doesn't do iPhone/iPad though. They do link one that does, but it's about twice as much as the one I got. These things pretty much all come from the same place, and just get different names printed on them. I like shopping on Amazon too, and yet sometimes the eBay has better options.
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Fuzzy

Post by toratora » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:39 am

The replacement MyChron showed up today. The first one had a chipped screen. The replaced it right away!

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

DRP: Wheels and Things

Post by toratora » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Tiny progress made today.

Started with the fitting of the angled valve stems. This will make the whole tire pressure things so much easier.

The I started with the clean up action on the wheels. I've learned from previous powder coated parts that if you don't sand down the over laps the powder coat will chip, leaving areas exposed. So now I sand the edges. This too leaves some metal exposed, but ultimately less that if there was a chip.

And while I was digging through the bits I saw one of the sprockets. This one is too large (54) so I wont be using it on this bike. I have a 52 also, but if I had a smaller one I'd employ it. Still the 52 will work well enough. It is one tooth smaller than stock on this bike.

0 x