DRP: Derbi Reactivation Project

Create a thread about your bike.
Charounosaur
Replica: Derbi GPR 50 2004

Re: DRP: Derbi Reactivation Project

Post by Charounosaur » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:26 am

al_pritchard wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:21 am
I have the same engine as well Charounosaur. Once I get it built with the 80cc kit I'll post up my experience with vibration.
Thanks for the reply, mine is actually in a running state but countershaft is not set correctly, I believe. I will open up the engine and set it correctly to see what will happen as soon as I'm done with the exams :grin: Looking forward to hear about your project, I will give you my feedback when I'm done with it if you haven't got the kit already.
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Re: DRP: Moichido—how to set a balanced GPR engine with a performance crank

Post by toratora » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:39 pm

Charounosaur wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:01 am
My question is, would it stop vibrating as much if I set it correctly even though I'm running a 80cc kit with stock crank. Does your Derbi vibrate even though the balance shaft is set correctly?
It depends greatly on the kit and crank that you are using. But you should set the balancer properly no matter what kit you have on the bike, for it will be worse when set improperly. :paw_prints:
0 x

Charounosaur
Replica: Derbi GPR 50 2004

Re: DRP: Derbi Reactivation Project

Post by Charounosaur » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:43 am

Charounosaur wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:26 am
al_pritchard wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:21 am
I have the same engine as well Charounosaur. Once I get it built with the 80cc kit I'll post up my experience with vibration.
Thanks for the reply, mine is actually in a running state but countershaft is not set correctly, I believe. I will open up the engine and set it correctly to see what will happen as soon as I'm done with the exams :grin: Looking forward to hear about your project, I will give you my feedback when I'm done with it if you haven't got the kit already.
Greatly reduced the vibration. I found out that it wasn't improperly balanced, it wasn't balanced at all. Previous owner removed the key from the balancer keyway instead of just... aligning it...
0 x