Support GPR Camp!!

2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project

Create a thread about your bike.
Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project: Painting

Post by Berkeley » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:43 pm

kaldis12 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 pm
What kinda paint did you use for the caliper? Also pretty good thread you have here, keep it goin' :D
Hi there I just used high temperature paint that I brought on Ebay. I got the base colour plus the lacquer . In hind sight I should have used some high temperature primer as well. I did drop the caliper putting it on and chipped some of the paint so i think some primer is needed to make it stick. Also I should have used my oven to dry between coats. I did this later on.. but should have done it from the start.

1 x

kaldis12

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project

Post by kaldis12 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:18 am

Thanks, i have some problems with paint because in Hungary I cant buy high temp. paint anywhere. Maybe I will order it too.
0 x

Berkeley

Post by Berkeley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:02 pm

kaldis12 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:18 am
Thanks, i have some problems with paint because in Hungary I cant buy high temp. paint anywhere. Maybe I will order it too.
yeah I tried in 3 different places in my town, in the end said fuck it.. get it online. took about a week to arrive.
1 x

Berkeley

Post by Berkeley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:30 pm

So... after Amaya crashing the parts finally arrived ... spent last night and today fixing her up . A nice 650 euros later!

Quite a few parts to put on and decal

I messed up on the a big time, so have ordered another 2 to fix it.. Washing up liquid, and water is the trick I've been told.

stripping the back end off

Shiny new fairing and footpeg added

What a biatch.. the small cracked headlight.. had to replace it all couldn't just replace the lense.

All shiny and new :) the front brakes work fantastic.. Brembo RSC14 awesome.. but OMG bleeding them.. what a nightmare... took forever!

Last edited by Berkeley on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1 x

Berkeley

Post by Berkeley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Frame Sliders.

This has been an absolute ball ache.. 3 moths to sort but finally done it .. custom job.. Lets hope it works!

Made some brackets from some metal flat bar

Parts Primed

A little setup for some oven cooking

All the ingredients ready

Putting it together

Spent an hour wondering why things didnt fit.. One of the support bract got bent in the crash that put everything else out.

They stick out a little too far but easier to put the fairing on

1 x

Berkeley

Post by Berkeley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:55 pm

I dont want to put the company down as the service has been good but the quality and quality control could be better!

I spent 400 euros on a set of these, so expecting the product to be good ....
Tyga products

There was a default with the rear hugger, looked like a dry spot in the carbon. i should receive it in the next week but has taken a month to sort it.

So fitting the front one I noticed a lot of dry sports. on the face surface you cant see it during the day but the sides you can.. lets see what happens.... shame.

1 x

Berkeley

2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project: Engine cutting out

Post by Berkeley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:39 pm

A few times when I've been riding with Amaya, she says it stalls when she decelerates. I went for a hard ride before getting the bike back together, but nothing happened, and all was fine.

However, today I went for a test and the bike stalled when I decelerated for a round about. This happened twice.. Is it bad fuel as been sitting? Idle speed needs to be adjusted? Spark plug? Air filter?? Choke setting?? Air fuel ration mix??

any thoughts would be much appreciated!! cheers
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project: Engine cutting out

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 pm

It could be a number of things since the bike was crashed. I would check to make sure that the carb is on properly, then the air box connection. After that I would try resetting the fuel/air mixture screw. Then after resetting that of course reset the idle screw.

Another possibility could be the float got messed up, and it's not sitting correctly. I don't think I've done a tutorial on that yet, but you can probably find one if you search around.

If that doesn't do it let me know, and I'll think about it some more. ;)
1 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project: Presentation

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:39 pm

I wonder if your daughter realizes how tricked out this bike is compared to most other RS50s. It is really coming together nicely. I hope once she moves on that you keep this bikes for yourself! :D

I've yet to have anyone complain about the Brembo RCS once they've put them on these bikes. Instantly they realize that it's totally worth the money—it's easily one of the best upgrades you can put on the bike. ;)

I'm sorry that the Tyga stuff has issues. The fender I got from them was totally amazing.

1 x

Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project: Presentation

Post by Berkeley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 pm

toratora wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:39 pm
I wonder if your daughter realizes how tricked out this bike is compared to most other RS50s. It is really coming together nicely. I hope once she moves on that you keep this bikes for yourself! :D

I've yet to have anyone complain about the Brembo RCS once they've put them on these bikes. Instantly they realize that it's totally worth the money—it's easily one of the best upgrades you can put on the bike. ;)

I'm sorry that the Tyga stuff has issues. The fender I got from them was totally amazing.

Thanks!!!
Ha Ha..... no way does she.... too young plus none of her friends have bikes yet to compare with... but one day she will.

I'm actually starting to think that about keeping the bike after.. Who in their right mind would pay the cost of a brand new bike that will be 2 years old?.
By the time I'll be finished then for sure I would have spent the price of the bike again on top.

Will be going for a ride today so will test the brakes out properly but now gives me confidence of putting more power in her...next on the shopping list!

And with the tyga products.... maybe I just got unlucky on a bad batch .
1 x