Support GPR Camp!!

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro

Create a thread about your bike.
kaldis12

Re: RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro

Post by kaldis12 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 am

Thank you, just I need to figure it out, I dont have the cases with me and Im waiting for the cylinder so I cant measure anything. Its kinda bad. Well I guess I nees to wait for the cases to arrive. Sent it for sandblasting. My dremels will arrive tomorrow and the cases too. Just waiting for the cylinder. I believe it will be here in 2 weeks.
1 x

jkv357
Replica: '99 GPR EBE-075

Post by jkv357 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 am

kaldis12 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 am
Thank you, just I need to figure it out, I dont have the cases with me and Im waiting for the cylinder so I cant measure anything. Its kinda bad. Well I guess I nees to wait for the cases to arrive. Sent it for sandblasting. My dremels will arrive tomorrow and the cases too. Just waiting for the cylinder. I believe it will be here in 2 weeks.
Hopefully they won't use actual sand on them - it's way to coarse.

Do they know not to blast the inside of the cases or any seal/bearing areas?

They should be using a softer grit media and moderate pressures to blast aluminum, or the surface will be too rough.

I've blasted and powder coated numerous complete engines, and you need to be careful where you blast. Sometimes areas need to be masked before blasting to make sure no media hits them.

Jay
www.apexcustomcoating.com
1 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Yes they know that. They just blasting the outside and masked any holes down. Here in Hungary there is a guy who doing aluminium sandblasting, so he specialized for aluminium. I wont paint it down. Just blasting it and maybe polishing. Thank you for the info tough, i didn't know there is that much difference in them.
0 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Parts

Post by kaldis12 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:32 pm

So now I ordered more parts for the bike, the project is going forward, just couldn't post any photos.
Cleaned out the engine well. They didn't do a pretty good job with the sandblasting. Most of the dirt got away but there is still a lot of dirt and stuff. I will have to work on it a littlebit more.
The parts will propably arrive in 1 month, to Hungary the shipping is REALLY slow.

Ordered parts:
Cylinder: Italkit 94cc with crankshaft, 44mm and 85mm conrod.
Carburetor: Polini PWK 34mm
Reed: Stage6 V-force 3 reedblock
Clutch: Polini 5 discs (I wanted to order Most clutch but couldn't find anywhere)
Balance shaft
Ordered some grease too for the O rings and stuff. Its good to have.
A littlebit later I will make a custom exhaust for this bike with someone.
I wasn't able to find 40mm inner diamater manifold, so I will need to buy one somewhere.

While the parts arriving here, I will work on the frame and brakes. My rear break got stuck in. Its holding the bike back and burns the brake disc. Maybe I will just drain them down, I never really used them. My front brake is really strong, so it will be good. I need to put in an other radiator. There is still some work to be done.
1 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Post by toratora » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:10 am

While the rear brake is seldom used it's important to have it there incase the front fails. ;)

That's a long time to wait for shipping. Have you thought about having it shipped to another country, and then driving/riding there to pick up the parts?
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am

Yes I tought about that, but anywhere I could order is at least 400km and 400km back. I will wait it for it. I have some work on the bike so when it will arrive the bike will be ready.
0 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Cooling and Clutch

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:19 am

So, made some progress in the bike.

Bought an other radiator and a fan.
Now the clutch part, I will put on a Derbi clutch on am6, yes Derbi clutch on am6. If you would ask why, well the reason is this: AM6 has this sloping teeth(I think that's how they call it) clutch. The Derbi has straight teeth clutch. I can save a few HP here, and the straight teeth has this weird whistling sound. I just love it. This will be pretty much like the Bidalot clutch for AM6. We will see what will comes out from this idea. I have the blueprints for it now. Just a little modification on the crankshaft side gear(on the small gear).
Also I will get a MVT DD ignition for the electric waterpump.

I will update the posts with pictures as soon as I can.
1 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Post by toratora » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the clutch.
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Thanks :) This will be interesting but can be done so just need time for it :D
0 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Carb and Clutch

Post by kaldis12 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am

So, I finally got the carb and clutch. As I mentioned the clutch is polini, but I sourced 30mm Polini Pwk instead of 34mm. We will see how it goes.
2 x