Support GPR Camp!!

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro

Create a thread about your bike.
kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Serious Progress

Post by kaldis12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am

Today finally my 1st package arrived.
I needed to make some serious modification on the manifold and the reeds to be compatible with each other, also with this the flow will be better.
(I still havent finished this so later)

Did some modification on the engine too, but this need more too. It will be done tomorrow.
1 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Its happening

Post by kaldis12 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Guys,
Just wanted to post this. Its finally happening. After more than one month of waiting, its happening. My package in Austria, 500km from me. Better than the 1300km(Spain). I will post if its arrived. It will propably arrive on Wednesday, because tomorrow here in Hungary its a feast day, so noone is working. Im sooo excited, after more than one month of waiting, hope everyone as excited as I am :D
(Yeah sorry on the picture the writing is my language, Hungarian)
0 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Cylinder

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:08 am

Hey,
I got something new today ;pp
(There is 15 pics so I just put it in the spoilers :D)

Crankshaft side,
► Show Spoiler
Now here comes the fun part, the cylinder :D
► Show Spoiler
I noticed a scratch on the top of the piston but it wont affect anything. The quality is pretty good. Waay better than airsal's. Around Polini quality.
There is no sharp edges or whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that I will have to work a littlebit on it but its very suprisingly good. You can see on the picture that the ports are realyyyy waaay down there. I will see what I can do with this kit :D
2 x

kaldis12

Re: RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:48 am

Okay, made some disappointing progress. I looked a littlebit at it and I noticed that it has a B piston not an A. I think they messed up the boring and just put a bigger piston in there, so it will be good. I will measure it and hopefully it still can be saved.
1 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Gila Gila

Post by toratora » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 am

Wow that looks totally awesome. I've always been impressed with Italkit/Gila products. I run one of their top ends on the Monza too.

Your cylinder is a B, you can see it stamped on the bottom of it, and a B piston is the proper match for it. You should be good to go!
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:36 am

I did a port mapping from it. Just incase. As for the quality. This piston thing because if I need to put a bigger piston in there, the C is my only option, B is totally out from the game. I wish there would be now A in there. 2 oversized piston would be awesome. But move on, I checked the ports, the edges are fine smooth, just one spot where it is sharper. Boost port has a very nice upwards angle, and the ports has a nice angle too. BUT the exhaust ports have to be completly reworked, the welding is very poor there. They can be widened up a littlebit and flowed better. The real kinda like dissapointment over the piston is that the gasket. Its completly different. The gasket covers 1mm from the ports and the hole for the skirt is not even big enough. But thats okay, I can cut it to size.

Sorry, littlebit long post but it has some information about this quality. If anyone has any questions, just ask :)
1 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 am

Forgot these port picture, whoops.
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Say What?

Post by toratora » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am

I'm suffering massive sleep deprivation so...

I really don't understand the piston issue here. From what I see you have the correct piston for this cylinder. They are both Bs and that's what you want. Using a different sized piston would create problems. They would either be too large causing a seizure, or too small causing other issues like piston slap.

I also don't understand about the "welding" on the exhaust port. There shouldn't be any welding on the cylinder. Maybe you mean polishing. These cylinders don't come with polished exhaust ports. If you want it polished then that's something you have to do on your own. From the photos this kit looks like the exhaust port will be very easy to polish as it is already quite nice.

Not sure why the gasket isn't lining up, but I've had similar things like that in the past with other kits.
0 x

kaldis12

Post by kaldis12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:58 am

My problem with this piston thing that I asked for an A type cylinder and piston in the background. And they gave me B. I always used tighter cylinders. A cylinder B piston. Its a background stuff that I didn't post.

There is welding on every cylinder when they put in the cylinder the whole nicasil coated stuff. At the exhaust port its not noticable on the picture just in real life. Its not even smooth, lot of deeper holes in it. Cant really explain it in english sorry :( its really nothing but they should be more careful, it makes you feel better if its nice. Makes you feel quality if you know what I mean. I will fix this exhaust port. Just have to work on it a lot. Maybe the boost ports can be reworked a littlebit.
0 x

kaldis12

RMP SM Project—Rieju MRT Pro: Clutch

Post by kaldis12 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:41 pm

While I'm working on the cylinder, I ended up with designing my own clutch. I would needed to make too much modification on the derbi clutch to fit on. Easier to design my own.
I will say more about this later, but just wanted to let all you know whats happening now.

I ended up by designing a lot more stuff for myself. You never know. I can design it for the perfect size, so I dont need to worry about that.
1 x