Support GPR Camp!!

Shifter travel

Discuss technical information.
tbh37620

Shifter travel

Post by tbh37620 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:38 am

Hey guys, wanted to get input on Euro2/ebe/ebs shifter travel. I have a GPR and also a Metrakit, along with a spare engine. All these engines have super long shifter travel. Compared to every other bike I have, it is very noticeable. On the Metrakit I have adjusted everything and got the linkage points on the shifter arms set to minimize travel but it is problematic, a simple foot movement up or down doesn't work. I have to lift my foot off the peg to manipulate the shifter successfully.

Everything is leading me to believe this is an internal issue. Possibly excessive gap between the shifter paw and pins on the shifter drum?

Thanks ahead of time for any info that might help,
0 x

jkv357
Replica: '99 GPR EBE-075

Re: Shifter travel

Post by jkv357 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:36 am

Can't give you any specific details, but I will say my EBE-075 shifts in a normal manner without excessive travel. I definitely don't need to raise my entire foot to up-shift.

I was occasionally missing a shift, but based on some recommendations I went to using Motul Transoil Expert, and paying a bit more attention to firmly moving the lever, and haven't had any more issues.
0 x