Support GPR Camp!!

RS stock carb question

Discuss technical information.
jscar

RS stock carb question

Post by jscar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:09 am

I am a newb here on this site and actually ride, race and restore Rieju bikes from the early 2000's. I live in Vermont. Have three so far with the goal of...…………….who knows. They are race replicas with Minarelli AM6 engines on them. To cut to the chase I have a RS50 Dellorto 14.12 carb(I believe a stock carb from the 1999-05 model---correct me if wrong) and want to hear about them. The stock Rieju is a 12mm Dellorto. I got this carb in a parts pile along with the stock manifold from the RS50. I cleaned them both up and they are in excellent shape. :) I want to put it on a stock 50cc Minarelli AM6 engine. Just looking for peoples thoughts. Thanks for any info on these.
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RS stock carb question: The SHA

Post by toratora » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:42 pm

As far as I know the early classic RS 50s came with a DellOrto SHA 14, or maybe even a 12. Later bikes came with a carb that had a cable operated choke, so possibly a PHVA like the Derbi bikes. RJ probably knows for sure though so I’ll defer to his knowledge on this one. ;)

In one of the Derbi manuals they listed the carbs and settings for the various incarnations. It’s posted up in the tutorial section. I don’t know if Aprilia did this too, but if so it would be nice to get theirs posted. Same for the Rieju, and other bikes. 8-)
0 x