Support GPR Camp!!

Malossi vl6 vs V-Force reeds

Discuss technical information.
kaldis12

Malossi vl6 vs V-Force reeds

Post by kaldis12 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:32 am

What do you guys think? Which one has better throttle response and performance? Currently I have vl6 reed, but Im think I may buy a Vforce 2 or 3. Is it worth it? 2 or the 3 is the better?
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Re: Malossi vl6 vs V-Force reeds

Post by toratora » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 am

I don't know if anyone has really done a comparison with the various exotic reeds. On most of my bikes I've been running the Malossi reeds because they sell an intake kit that comes with the whole setup.

Image Image
Recently however Benji got me a Stage6 V-Force like reed block. I installed this on the 2Fast kit. And I brought it back, and now have it on the BR88 kit. I'm using it in conjunction with a Top Performance intake—which I like quite a bit. The Stage6 is actually made for the AM6, and doesn't quite fit the Derbi. I had to modify it, and use sealer to keep it from having an air leak. I didn't have these issues with the Malossi blocks. How do they compare? Well I can't actually say, because I didn't run tests with the two of them in the same bike, with the same configuration. That would really be the only why to know. Put them in the same configuration, run them on a dyno, and a controlled road test. Outside of that it's hard to say it's anything but snake oil! :shock:

What I can say is all of these bikes run well once things are tuned properly. So my feeling is if you get quality stuff you should be in good shape. Malossi, Top, and Stage6 tend to make quality stuff. ;)

1 x

kaldis12

Re: Malossi vl6 vs V-Force reeds

Post by kaldis12 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks :) looks like I will stick to my vl6 reed, maybe later I will get one :)
1 x