0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Re: Gpr 50 ebs/ebe starter motor

Post by toratora » Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 am

In the video comments he explains how to change the polarity of the motor, but then there's also the issue of the Bendix gear not functioning because of spinning it in the opposite direction. If the old Bendix is still functional you could probably employ it.
BlueSkyPPGdotcom wrote:ok first thing you should do, is verify that the bendix is able to actually come out. So add power to the motor so it is spinning. Then push a pencil into the moving gear. If it comes out, then the motor isnt powerful enough to allow the gear to come out. If it doesn't come out, then the motor is spinning the wrong way. This usually happens when you disassemble the motor and reassemble incorrectly. The magnet on the motor is a 3 position motor. One position spins the motor clockwise, the other is counterclickwise the last one does nothing. Remove the three screws and rotate it 120 degrees. Finally battery power required is 12 volts, 4 amp minimum.
0 x

Allyboy

Re: Gpr 50 ebs/ebe starter motor

Post by Allyboy » Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 am

Cool, I think my bendix is the issue! When I get the starter I will have a play about with it and report back. Thanks for the help so far
0 x