Support GPR Camp!!

[WTB] Several 2005 GPR 50 nude parts

Parts for sale/wanted.
Karim

[WTB] Several 2005 GPR 50 nude parts

Post by Karim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Long shot a new forum (and even a very large one), but I am looking for the following parts:
Left and right upper covers
Front brake securing clamp
Mirrors
Fuel tap
Gear selector lever
Clutch/Brake levers
European rear lights harness
European signal lights
KPH Speedo
Aftermarket exhaust
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Re: [WTB] Several 2005 GPR 50 nude parts

Post by toratora » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

The stock stuff you should be able to find at Easy Parts.

There might be a way to program the clocks to read metric.

For exhaust there are a number of options for your bike. Malossi, Voca, Polini, MetraKit, and Jolly Moto all made pipes for that vintage.
0 x

Karim

Post by Karim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm

toratora wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm
The stock stuff you should be able to find at Easy Parts.

There might be a way to program the clocks to read metric.

For exhaust there are a number of options for your bike. Malossi, Voca, Polini, MetraKit, and Jolly Moto all made pipes for that vintage.
I know where to find these parts new. And shipping is reasonable if I order them all at once. Im looking to save a couple bucks if say someone totaled the bike but somehow had a couple of these parts
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Post by toratora » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:48 pm

I've found for the parts that you can order new it's usually worth it to do so if they are budget breaking. Finding them used tends to be more luck based, and in your case outside of engine parts there really isn't going to be much to be found. The reason being is that only a handful of the Nudes made it to the States. So only the shared parts are going to be around—which basically means the engine.

Now for generic things like the mirrors, chain, grips, etc., as long as you don't need to have exactly what was stock then you could go to Treats. Those sorts of wear items are almost always best bought new anyway. Still for the mirrors Easy Parts has some of the best mirror prices with their Vicma mirrors that I've seen. And Vicma is usually the OEM supplier anyway, so why not get the mirrors from Easy Parts? I've bought quite a few from them. ;)

For the shift lever I would say try to get one from an older, or newer bike. The stock ones look really cool, but they don't hold up very well. The ones from the older bikes were either steel or iron, they can be bent and bent back a number of times. Later they offered an aluminum shift lever that looked like the older ones that works quite well. I somehow ended up with one of those and installed it on my 05—which is the sport bike version of your bike.
0 x

Karim

Post by Karim » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:03 am

The aftermarket shift levers I have found dont look like they are compatible
At the moment I dont NEED any of these parts , more want to have. The mirrors work. Just very loose on the ball joint so I have them duct taped in position.
Nothing is damaged beyond usability (except for the the threads in the right mirror bracket which needs a helicoil)
If I decide to keep the bike I will only be getting the exhaust and tail lights.
If I decide to sell it I would buy mirrors, levers, mirror bracket and have the plastics professionally painted.
This will be decided in the spring when I have a full license and can get a proper bike. However in the meantime I will take what I can get if I can get a good deal on it. (so not to be mean or anything somebody please crash their bike in a way that only damages the rear end.
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Post by toratora » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm

There are some shift levels that work well that are from Derbi, but different bikes. I have one of these on my 05, and it works nicely. I think this is the part number (00H02702421), but not totally sure. I still have the packaging from the one that I have, and will check it when I can find it.

0 x

Karim

Post by Karim » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:47 am

Searched up the part.
It's more expensive... though more common.
0 x