Support GPR Camp!!

Derbi GPR125 Racing for sale! $4500 (Centerville/Kettering)

Replicas for sale/wanted.
Dangerous Dave

Derbi GPR125 Racing for sale! $4500 (Centerville/Kettering)

Post by Dangerous Dave » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 pm

SOLD!

Look closely, it's the only one you're likely to see here in the states! This is a 2006 Derbi GPR125 Racing. Only a handful of these were brought into the U.S. The engine was sourced from Yamaha, by Derbi, and it's the same engine used in the Euro-spec Yamaha DTR 125 2-stroke dirt bike. It has 6-speed trans, electric start and oil injection, so premixing isn't necessary, just pull up to a gas pump and fill it up. I've only run Motul synthetic in it since I've owned it. If you don't know anything about 2-strokes, you should probably look elsewhere.

I've owned this bike about ten years now. It's been unbelievably reliable, but I'm ready to move on to something else. It's currently showing approx 8300 miles on the clock, but I still ride it to work sometimes (although I also have other bikes I ride regularly). The indicated mileage is 662 miles less than actual. The original meters only read in kilometers. I picked up another set that reads in miles and mph. The difference between the two sets (after converting kilometers to miles) was 662 miles, that's the reason for the discrepancy.

The top end was rebuilt about 1500 miles ago, strictly for maintenance, not because there were any problems. I port matched the cylinder to the cases while I had it apart, because the factory matching was very poor. I also cleaned up all the ports. The cylinder is still standard bore and in excellent condition. This bike came in 1st overall in the 2009 Lake Erie Loop, completing 659 miles in 11 hours 16 minutes. That's WFO across Canada for hours. If that's not a testament to reliability, I don't know what is! And it won by a long shot!

The list of mods/upgrades/spare parts is long, so buckle up! Besides the top end work already mentioned, the stock carb was replaced with a Keihin PWK D-slide, it has Boysen dual-stage reeds, heavy duty clutch springs, a 3-degree advance key, and an Arrow undertail exhaust with titanium muffler. I also have for it a hand-built Jim Lomas side-exit pipe with a carbon fiber end can. Only ten of these pipes were built, and this one is serial numbered 007! (Just lucky) I also have a spare set of lowers that have been modified to clear this pipe. The air injection pump and associated plumbing have been removed. I think that wraps up the engine part of the program.

The front brake disc was replaced with a full floating wave rotor from Metrakit. The rear sprocket is a custom made, lightened aluminum sprocket. The bike came with no helmet lock from the factory, so I was able to add one from a Yamaha YSR50. The crazy heavy steel rear brake stay arm was replaced with a custom made aluminum one. The stock plastic shifter was replaced with an aluminum one from an aprilia. The rear pegs and peg hangers have been removed, as has the long stock rear mudguard, and small LED turn signals were installed to clean up the rear end. The bike tips the scales around 285 lbs with a full tank of fuel. I also added a Sigma bicycle computer. They're super accurate, and you get a second trip meter in the deal. The stock windscreen was replaced with a Puig double-bubble screen (an incredibly nice piece!). From the factory, one headlight is for low-beam, one for high-beam. The only time both are on is when you hit the flash-to-pass switch. I added two relays, so now when you hit that stitch, both will come on and stay on, until you hit it again. I'm a fanatic about NOT making mods that can't be reversed, so everything can be put back to stock if you choose, although I think all these mods are for the better. I have ALL the stock parts, except for the stock muffler, and stock front brake rotor.

I have a HUGE amount of spare parts for this bike (I'm a motorcycle hoarder). I have tons of spare bodywork, some electrical parts, all the stock parts that were removed, and other misc odds and ends.

The common wear items, like tires, brake pads, and chain are in useable condition, but are nearing the end of their service life. Battery is in very good condition. The bike always starts easily, always goes, and there are no other issues I'm aware of, other than what I just mentioned.

The bike has a clear Ohio street motorcycle title.

I'm open to reasonable offers, but this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I challenge you to find another one of these for sale in the U.S. So please, keep it real. I'll be happy to help with shipping from my end, but this is at the buyer's expense, and must be agreed upon ahead of purchase. No tire kickers or joy rides, serious inquiries only please.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

► Show Spoiler
2 x